At House of Fraser sustainability means being a Responsible Retailer. This is integrated as a core value in our business. The aim of our Responsible Retailer programme is to manage our environmental footprint, responsibly source and support the communities we engage with while maintaining sustainable growth.
Under this aim, there are three pillars of action –
PEOPLE, PLANET & COMMUNITY.
OUR PILLARS OF ACTION
- Responsible sourcing of products across the supply chain working with our suppliers for house brands, concessions, own bought brands and service partners;
- Employee engagement in sustainability such as low carbon travel or volunteering;
- Customer engagement on sustainable products and packaging.
- Environmental management of our footprint across the whole business – stores, offices, products and their supply chains. Our environmental management focuses on:
✓ Reducing our contribution to climate change by reducing our energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions;
✓ Preventing and reducing consumption of resources, water and waste generation;
✓ Protecting biodiversity.
- Giving back through charitable activities supporting the local communities in which we operate. Our House of Fraser Foundation enables us to grow our charitable activities.
- Collaborating with our concessions, brands and sustainability initiatives to scale our efforts. Our membership initiatives include Business in the Community - The Prince’s Responsible Business Network and SEDEX on responsible sourcing.
RESPONSIBLE SOURCING AND
MODERN SLAVERY ACT STATEMENT
RESPONSIBLE SOURCING CODE
OF CONDUCT FOR SUPPLIERS
"As a premium retailer, our customer expects our environmental and ethical performance to be high. This is our vision and our Responsible Retailer programme enables us to continuously improve this performance."
"We understand that our success is directly linked with the approach we take to our customers, the communities we operate in, the environment, our employees and all of our partners and suppliers."
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
"Being sustainable is essential to maintain our licence to operate, enhances our brand and makes financial sense. Our Royal Warrant and legal obligations shape the high environmental and ethical standards we must meet."
DR DOROTHY MAXWELL,
HEAD OF SUSTAINABILITY
"The best and brightest staff want to work in a company that cares for the people and planet it engages with. They want a chance to be part of something bigger. Our Responsible Retail programme gives them that opportunity"
CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER
SUSTAINABILITY LEADERSHIP COMMITTEE
To ensure sustainability is prioritised in decision making, it comes under the board responsibility of the Chief Operating Officer (COO) and has business KPIs. Our Head of Sustainability reports to the COO and manages the Responsible Retailer programme with support from business leads on waste, energy and responsible sourcing. We have Responsible Retail Champions in our stores, offices and distribution centres. Our Sustainability Leadership Committee includes all functions of the business to facilitate embedding sustainability in all of our activities.
OUT OF STOCK
Please check back soon or browse some of our other items